TO VIEW THE BUS TIMETABLE CLICK HERE.
TO VIEW THE WAIFS EVENT INFORMATION DOCUMENT CLICK HERE.
“We can say with certainty they'll always be cherished” Double J
“Together, on a cool autumn night, they reminded us about the art of being joy-filled players and heartfelt storytellers…. There's always plenty to make you smile and dance, and excellent company to be had when the Waifs come home.” The West Australian
2017 marks 25 years of The Waifs! To celebrate and commemorate, the band will be hitting the road for a mammoth national tour, and are releasing their fourteen track studio album, ‘Ironbark’, along with 11 bonus tracks making a rousing collection of 25 songs, to celebrate 25 years. Recorded in true Waifs style in a make shift studio in the unfinished kitchen of Josh Cunningham’s rural retreat on the NSW South Coast across two weeks.
‘Ironbark’ is a double album made for their incredibly loyal and loving fan base, for those who have been there from the start, and for those who have become fans of the band along the way.
From this Tuesday January 10, The Waifs will be giving away free download bonus songs each week until the official album release on March 3rd. ‘Ironbark’ will be available for pre-order at a very discounted price from their website from Thurs February 12 and from various retail outlets for the first 25 days of release as a gesture of thanks to fans. There will also be amazing ticket and album bundles for all headline concerts available so head to thewaifs.com for details.
You know all about The Waifs… meeting in Broome, West Australia, traveling around - that old tale has been told many times. So The Waifs want to hear your stories.
If their music has played a significant part in any event or time in your life they’d love to hear about it.
Send them an email to; email@example.com AND post them on their Facebook. The Waifs would like to share some of your stories onstage, play some songs and weave it all together and celebrate.
You can hear the first downloadable bonus song here: ‘Song That Soothes’
“The Waifs fans are legendary in the industry for their loyalty and enthusiasm. It feels like we all grew up together. We are now the band you can brings your parents and your kids to hear! Your involvement in our career means everything to us. You are the very reason we are still playing music together 25 years on.”
Ticket and Album Bundle Information
The Waifs 25th anniversary album ‘Ironbark’ comprises 25 songs made up of two discs, the 14 track studio album ‘Ironbark’ and 11 bonus songs, all recorded at the same time at Josh’s home studio, live and acoustic, a truly beautiful collection of heartfelt songs. As long-time fans and supporters of The Waifs, the band would love you to have this album at this very discounted rate of $5. It is inclusive of postage and packaging.The physical album will be sent out on Wednesday 22nd February, to be received on album release date Friday 24th February. Digital albums will be emailed on Friday 24th February.
FULFILLMENT INFORMATION IN PURCHASING THE WAIFS’ ALBUM & CONCERT TICKET PACKAGE – MUST BE PURCHASED BEFORE 12.00PM WEDNESDAY 22nd FEBRUARY
By purchasing this option customers provide consent for their contact details to be provided to The Waifs & Jarrah Records in order to distribute the product.
‘IRONBARK’ TRACK LISTING
2/ Higher Ground
3/ Not The Lonely
4/ I Won’t Go Down
5/ Important Things
6/ Lion and Gazelle
7/ Done And Dusted
8/ Dirty Little Bird
9/ Grand Plans
10/ Something’s Coming
12/ Amazing Everything
13/ The Shack
14/ Long Way From Home
Bonus Tracks; Disc 2
1/ Song for Jacqueline
2/ Standing Strong
3/ Sugar Mama
4/ Don’t You Ever
5/ Strangest Thing
6/ Take Me Down
7/ Goodnight Lil’ Cowboy
8/ The Coast
9/ Shiny Apple
10/ Willow Tree
11/ Take It In
This is an all ages event. *Under 18s must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. * Intoxicated persons will not be admitted * No thongs or steel cap boots * The venue reserves the right to refuse admission to any person *
THIS IS A LICENSED EVENT
18+ PHOTO ID is required for entry.
Under 18’s permitted if accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
Babies in arms are free, but must have a ticket.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
• The event space at 3 Oceans Winery is a licensed venue. 18+ photo ID is unequivocally required for entry. That means you MUST have it.
• We have a bar and food available on site and it is a condition of our license that we cannot admit you with your food or drinks.
• We provide free water on site for our guests - feel free to bring an empty vessel for refills.
• Sensible enclosed footwear must be worn at all times. Thongs & Steel Cap boots are not permitted.
• 3 Oceans reserves the right to refuse entry if our staff deem you to be;
- under the influence of elicit substances or intoxicated
- a danger to other people around you
- too handsome for your own good
• Video cameras, professional recording devices or cameras with removable lenses are not permitted.
• Weapons or items that are deemed unsafe by our security team are not permitted
• We do not allow chairs (folding or otherwise) on site. You’re welcome to bring a small cushion or small blanket if you are planning to sit.
- Think of those around you! No one will be impressed with your 10 square meter Pendleton rug if you’re taking up a small paddock!